Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Vintage Thrift Haul


 Hi Friends,

I just had to drop by my local thrift/ antique store, to see if I could find any new items for my February décor. I did find a few things to add to my some of my collections.

I originally stopped by to look for a few pieces to transform the vintage oil lamps to electric and last time I was there there was a basket with odds and ends of mantels and electrical items.  Unfortunately,  there wasn't much I could not find related to Valentines.

BUT...  This is what I ended up taking home.

a wonderful replica wooden candle stick with a handle? For $1.00


***
Check out the copper lantern with a mark on the bottom "Made in Germany", for $4.00 who knew?  


I also picked up a caddy for thread spools, something I can use daily for $1.00.  The green vase caught my eye because of the color and I'm not sure if its Vaseline glass or not, with the added color at the bottom for $1.00.

***

I'm not sure this candle stick for $1.00 is milk glass but, I thought it would look nice with the other milk glass pieces I have.
I'm also hoping the copper lid for $1.00 will fit on the copper tea kettle I thrifted back a couple of months ago.
The wooden buffalos for $1.00,  I just couldn't resist from buying, my grandkids will enjoy playing with it.

***

I did find a couple of things to go with my March and Spring décor this time. This little saucer is just previous, don't you think for $1.00?  The mark on the bottom says, "Royal Albert Bone China, England".

The Vintage/Thrift store I went to is starting to carry linens, these two hand embroidered dollies, caught my eye, they were $1.00 each. 



***
I have been on the look out for a reasonable priced aluminum vintage strainer for a while. And to my surprise I found two strainer at $3.00 each, one is unique to me because of the strainer screen at the bottom of the bowl.

The rusty hook or handle that I paid $3.00 dollars for had a weave design, I'm curious if I can clean it up and use it as a hook.


Today my mission was looking for new items to add to my February-Valentine décor.  I was happy when I found this cute little casted iron ring box for $5.00. The trinket box has a vintage looking fabric print on it with a red felt liner and it is footed, very cute.

***

I know I already have a pair like these but I just couldn't resist!  Even though the pair was $10.00! Confession, I know I have got to be a little more selective when I'm out thrifting.


***
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope I gave you some inspiration to get out there and thrift, you never know what you will find.

May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

No comments:

Post a Comment