Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Week after Christmas - Thrift haul

 Hi Friends,

I did get a chance to go by my local antique-thrift store this week.  I picked up some pieces I have been keeping my eye on for some time.

This piece I have been passing up for quite a while, they had a price of $30.00. I had decided I was going to purchase this item if it was still there no matter the price. BINGO! Today it was still sitting in the cabinet. 

I didn't get much of a break on the price but some of the other thing I did. I was glad to purchase this Mrs. Butterworth syrup bottle for $20.00



Another cute find was this Log Cabin tin for $3.00 I thought that was a good price.


I've been looking for a couple of oil lamps for a time,  the two brass lamp were only $7.50 each, one has been changed over to a electric lamp and I believe I can find parts for the other one.

The glass lamp in the center caught my eye, I haven't really seen one quite like. It does have  an electric cord, I think it's very nice even though, and I think I have some extra crystal stashed somewhere that will work to fill in the missing crystals.  This glass lamp was also $7.50


I also picked up a bucket for $3.00 and a coal shovel for $4.00 I do have a coal bucket I use now for a planter, with a shovels oh the possibilities.

The painted door knobs we're $4.00 and the black porcelain knob was $


As I was looking around I found a copper tea pot it has been really cleaned up and unfortunately the copper lids I picked up were to little and I paid $2.00 each for those lids, ouch!

When I saw the little black rim tray it matches a Kleenex box I thrifted early this year, for $1.00

The cream color hot pad for $.98, I remember my grandma had silver look'in ones. 

Of course I picked up the green cover book for a riser and the title "Fresh Water Fishing" it may have some great pictures, I paid $1.00

The black picture frame and aluminum tray $1.00 for staging. 


I don't think you can ever have enough of trinkets. lol  I just thought these items were interesting, as you can see the glass creamer was $1.00, the silver plate shot glass? was $2.00 and was stamped made in occupied Japan in the bottom. 

I am drawn to pick up tart dishes, I don't know why I guess there cute. They had no price

And if you have followed me at all, I always pick up game pieces, you never know when one will come up missing. lol  Just a note, I didn't even notice at the time but, the red dice have been stamped "Silver Nugget" on them, who knew?  I paid $2.00 for the three dice.

I do pick up bottle openers also, if they have advertisement on it but, this bottle opener , the handle looked like Bakelite is why I picked it up for $2.00.

Now the glass looking car is new one for me, I'm thinking it fits on top of a perfume bottle, maybe Avon?, because it has no bottom?  I thought it was interesting enough to pay $2.00 for it.


This group of items are all so not related, I don't know what I was thinking.  Truthfully, the wooden plaque of the "Last Supper", brought back memories as a teen, something like this we would make in shop and give as a Christmas present. Does anyone remember making these in wood shop?

The other plaque I just like, "A Mother Love".  The hamburger press with the colorful roosters, is another design I haven't seen.   However, I do collect the black and gold and black and red rooster kitchen items.

I picked up the pint canning jar to go with a pint jar I pick up this summer at a out of town thrift store.

Now, this small plastic box I almost passed up. I was in the house wares and sewing items area, and took another look at this box and realized it was a cigar box!  Wow, so as you know I do have a small collection of cigar boxes which means I thought I needed it for $6.00. I know, I know.  It is pretty cool.


Some more odds and ends I have been finding lately, dollies.  I haven't used dollies for a long time in my décor, however when I see other vintage thrifters add dollies into their décor it looks so nice.
So I to pick through the box and to find handmade dollies. Each of the dollies were $2.00.


Heres another item not sure why I picked it up were the bag of  rusty buckle for $3.00 

Lately I have been picking jewelry that catches my eye for my self. 

The box was pretty also.  With the carving and inlay. $4.00


What wonderful treasure I found, so totally excited about this haul.

Thank you for checking in to see what going on at my house.  I hope my haul will encourage you to go out thrifting.

May God Bless You and Your Family this week.

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett


No comments:

Post a Comment