Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 18, 2024

Looking for Vintage Treasures - Weekend Thrifting


Hi Friends, I'm so glad you stopped by the cottage!

 I'm so excited to share a few fun treasure I found at my local Community Budget Center on half price day.
***
I bought a few books as you can see for 50 cent each.......

1st book - "The Holy Bible" is a few years old 
very pretty inside section for recording inportant family milestones


a beautiful picture representing 'Jacob's Ladder'

some fun vintage epemera pieces were also found in the pages




2nd book - "Nancy Drew" were the go to mystery read, when I was in Junior High. I read every book the library had.

"The Haunted Bridge" found a home with a very small collection of Nancy Drew Mysteries, I have.


3rd book - "Baptist Hymnal"



I've been looking for vintage Hymnal
to use for crafting and I have found two so far this year.
 



***
I was kind of a funny surprise to see the prices on the vintage insulators .....
the larger insulator was priced at $5.00 as is with a good size chip on the bottom. 

I didn't mind because I'm adding them on my fence post in the back yard.
***
Lastly,
I found a vintage glass decanter.

Not long ago, decanters use to be fruitful at the thrift stores, but once I've been on the hunt for reasonably priced decanter, there hard to come by. 

I'm hoping in the near future I'll be able to share an up cycle cabinet I brought home a few years ago
***
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by 'My Little Colorado Cottage'. I hope you found some inspiration to get out vintage thrifting.
***
 I would love to hear what you think about the treasures I found this weekend
***
 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett


No comments:

Post a Comment