Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 5, 2024

Found a Few Useful Items Today-Friday Thrift Haul

Hi Friends, 
 I'm so glad your here! 
As you may already know, I've been on the hunt for cubbby shelves, for my smalls.

Today, I'm so excited to share how I've made over two shelves I have thrifted this week, into small curio cubby cabinets.

I think this larger shelve will work nicely!

I had a bundle of firing strips from another project and thought, they might be good as backing for the shelf.

Heres the finished project ......................
I'm pleased how this project turned out.
***

I also picked up  a couple of books a couple of inspirational books for me.
 
I love this green hard back book and look at the intercover, so pretty.



I've still the book in a corner shelf in the familyroom.
***
a large 'Milk-Glass Vase' with a Diamond Pattern, I do not have in my collection



***
This piece was popular during the 70's
I paid 50 cents. I'll be stashing this cool framed mirror picture of a Fox, for my Fall decorating.
***
The last shelf
 I sanded it down with 220 sand papergave it a coat of green acrylic paint. 

 
Let it dry. I had some leftover crackling median and painted that on til a tacky stage and topped it with brown acrylic matte finish paint.
lightly sanded the shelf with 220 sand paper and wiped down the shelf with 'Antiquing Wax' to seal the project.
***
Not sure where this shelve home will be ......
so come back to see how I style this awesome shelf.
***
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by. 
I would love to hear what you have found thrifting and how you style it in your home. 
***
 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

No comments:

Post a Comment