Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Handmade Fabric Patriotic Poppies



Hi Friends, 

 I'm so glad your here! Today,
I'm so excited to share a few Patriotic crafts that I have been working this weekend, for my Summer décor.
***
Today I'm sharing how I have made a few fabric Poppies to add into my patriotic vignettes.

First, I started cutting 3" circles out of thrifted red fabric

With a needle and red thread I gathered around the edge


  and tied it off.


As you can see I created a yo-yo


Next, 
I added a black button to the yo-yo


added a wire stem
 

stitched around the wire to secure the wire.

I haphazardly, made a few stitches to secure the wire stem on to the flower


 Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what I have been up to this week.  

 I would love to hear what you have been doing this week, whether thrifting or creating, to make your home yours.

So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use a remnant and old buttons! I had bought some pink and blue yoyos a while back; I am gonna stuff some batting into them and put a tiny rose or button in the middle for dollhouse pillows! I have also put just a bit of batting in and glued on a small flat (watch) battery for ice packs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! all the little details you have been adding to your doll house, is awesome! What a great idea with the ice pack pillow. Thank you so much Kathy for sharing your crafting ideas. Have a great day.

      Delete