Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Stopped by My Local Community Budget Center - Came Home with a Few Cool Books


Hi Friends,

 I'm so glad your here! 

Today, I'm so excited to share a small thrift haul from my local 'Community Budget Center'.  I did not find any new vintage items , but I did bring home a few treasures.
***
First,
 item was a bag of foam frames to craft,

I thought it would be fun for the Grandkids as a quite time craft.
***
Second treasure,
"The Book of Letters", by Mary Owens Crowther - copyright date of 1924. $1.00

"What Letters to Write for Every Purpose, Business and Social."
***
Chapter X
Telegrams
"The Etiquette of Correspondence"
***
Cost of a letter
***

Chapter Xlll
Stationery, Crests and Monograms
***

Next,
looking through the book section I also found a couple of cook books for me to look through, for $.50

***
A 'BLUE BOOK of Dolls & Value' for $.25, hoping to get more information about the Nancy Ann Dolls I bought on E-Bay in April,
***
for $.25 a magazine 'F4F Wild Cat', my husband is interested in vintage military airplanes, I thought this book would be a Christmas stocking stuffer that he'll enjoy. $.25
***
A fun book to add to my patriotic décor
also, $.25
***
Lastly,
A diary of events from March 20 through June 17,1980. Some very devastating photos, but interesting.
*** 
I was living in Provo, Utah when Mt St. Helens erupted we had ash in the air, Years later I moved to Washington State and went to visit Mt. St Helens 10 years after, still very desolate and little vegetation. 


***

 Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what treasures I have found out thrifting this week. 


***
 I would love to hear what you have found thrifting and how you style it in your home.

 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I wonder what it really costs to send a letter today. I have been writing real letters to Al's 2 oldest grands in Minnesota. When I send holiday cards (I usually drop them off) to my daughter's step kids, she has told me that ours is the only mail they receive! Lost art for sure! I have collected a few Nancy Ann's. My granddaughter Annabelle, had that SAME pouty little mouth look on occasion so I cherish them! I, too love looking through cookbooks--especially the ones collected by churches or organizations. Everyone ALWAYS contributes their BEST recipes for efforts like this! And the old recipe books don't call for $15 of funky spices or ingrients that you'll never use again or use up! We hit a yard sale yesterday and I bought a bag of tiny pine cones. Started making some clear plastic ornaments with a tiny paper Christmas song (Jingle Bells and Silent Night), added on-clearance snow glitter from Michaels, some red berries, and pine looking pipe cleaners bent in V's! Came out so cute. This batch will be for the church Christmas fair. A package of 2 Christmas paper doilies are going to be backdrops for a larger Christmas carol print for a 5x7" frame (idea from Canterbury Cottage). My house is HOT, so sedentary crafts in front to fhe fan are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, How many craft bazars do you participate in the holiday season?
    Wow! it takes a lot of inventory to stock a booth. It's been a long time since I participated in a holiday craft shows. I really enjoy Canterbury Cottage channel she has wonderful ideas.
    Thank you for the reminder about Christmas crafting. I really haven't thought of a plan yet, ha ha!
    I'm thinking gifts from my garden this year. I know postage has gone up, but I still like to send cards to the Grandkids and my Mom and Dad.
    Have a great rest of your week friend.

    ReplyDelete