Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 2, 2023

July Weekend Thrifting for Vintage Treasures


Hi Friends, 

 I'm so glad your here! I've been spending a lot of time out in the garden, but I did get a chance to hit a few yard sales with my Grandson.

Today, I'm so excited to share what we found!


The 1st stop,
I found 7-Fire King Mugs, in fairly good shape, I paid a $1.00 each. Not a bad price! 

I love the colors and will be stashing the mugs away in the buffet until fall.
***
I'm using the Blue Enamel Tin cup on the cocktail cart.
***
Second stop, had some goodies...


I found a wood Pipe Rest with a copper top, for $5.00. You know where this is going.
Now I'm on the hunt for a couple of cool pipes to display on this amazing stand.
***
Another great find,
 a box of around 20 - Mechanic Illustrated magazines dated in the 1960's for $2.00 each.

Why I only bought two? I have no idea!, look at the ephemera!
***
Next,
I grabbed this cute Fisher Price Radio/Clock, for my small toy collection, it plays "Hickory Dickory Dock" the front is in good shape, however the printed song on back is missing.
***
Lastly, 
I saw two washboards they were real similar one for $10.00 in a little better shape, the one I brought home needed a bit of TLC for $2.00. 
Actually it was coming apart the tin piece wasn't attached on one side, so the Gentleman just gave it me.
When I got home, I glued the tin into the groove and used a clamp to pull the side tight until the glue set.

National Washboard Co.
I can't wait to get started on my laundry area project.
***
 Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what treasures I have found out thrifting this week. Like I said the haul is small this week, but I think I found some great treasure
***
 I would love to hear what you have found thrifting and how you style it in your home. 

 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    More great treasures...My late neighbor Elly had 3 wash boards up in her attic when we cleaned it out for her sons...I painted one to use in my craft room along with one in a small vintage laundry display in the Kitchen...I still have one left with the glass insert in the bottom area...I was thinking of using it out in the garden...Again, thanks for your visits!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, thank you for stopping by my blog. I think your idea of using the the washboard outside is a good idea. I have a bucket ringer I found last summer that I'm using as a planter now. I think I'll be making a vignette out in the garden with the washboard. Thank you for your comment. Have a blessed week.

      Delete