Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Vintage Thrifting Again! In St Louis!


Hello Friends,

I have just gotten back home from a trip to see my 1 year old grandson and his parent, my daughter and son-in-law.  What a glorious time, I had in Saint Louis, Illinois

I spent a lot of time visiting, and watching the grandson exploring his world, just learning to walk, such precious time, little boys & girls are so cute, full of wonder at the age of one year old, it was such a wonderful time. 

-------------

I did take a day to go thrifting, this is what I found...

A cute little shop in a strip mall called "Edwardville Flea Market"

*********

This store had a good selection of salt & pepper sets, when I noticed the milk glass set with made in Japan, yes! I snatched them up.

*************

another booth i eyed this very nice shaving cream brush.  I really didn't need to pick up the shaving cream brush, I have two others, however this brush was very different. I liked the two tone handle, maybe Bakelite? 


In another seller booth I spied these cute little pottery jug salt and pepper shakers. What I thought was interesting is at the top is the cork, to fill the shaker

**********

The metal pitcher caught my eye, it has measure marks 1Qt,1 1/2 Pt, 1Pt, 1/2Pt -"Household Use Only".

I think it looks great with some my other aluminum pieces.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the little aluminum travel cup with the lid! I remember my grandmother keeping a cup like this in her purse, so she could take her medicine when we were on the road traveling. Great memories! 

*********

In another booth I was kind of surprised to find this cracker tin.  I have seen some bloggers and You tubers, I follow use them in their vignettes so I thought it was a reproduction. I di do some research and found out this tin isn't super vintage.  It was use for a promo in the seventies, 1978 mine has English and Spanish on two side of the tin.





************

The next stop was "St Clair Antique Mall" is was 5:30pm, so I wasn't able to get through this massive mall, but I did pick up a few things 


The large red lid jar I incorporated with my other coffee jars in my sewing corner




********
I was able to use the zinc lid on a vintage Atlas jar I found last summer




*******
The three milk or creamer bottles I pulled together with a couple more bottles I have found and put them in a basket.




**********
I picked up these items to hopefully fit a couple of vintage lamps I have found and are missing parts, will see


The oil wick was to small for the lamp I had in mind

and the chimney was to large for the lamp I was thinking about



This shop wrapped all my purchases very securely, it was nice because I had to pack the items in my suitcase.

This shop wrapped all of my purchase very securely.

*********

What great fun shopping in the antique malls in St Louis area. To be totally truthful I could have picked up a lot of treasure I saw, however I really didn't have the room in the car. lol I'll be back! next year, to see that grand baby!

Thank you for stopping by to check in so until the next time......
May God Bless you and your family,

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett


No comments:

Post a Comment