Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Rustic Spring Diy Project - Faux Tulip Bulbs

 Hi Friends,

Today, I'm going to bring you along on a little craft project for Spring décor in my home.

For several years now I have been seeing faux bulbs, being used in Spring décor.  While searching for ideas for Spring craft ideas, I came across Emily at Home made farmhouse.  Thought, I would give this project a try.

Starting off with items I had in my craft stash like -scraps of tissue paper, scraps of coffee filters, 8-styrofoam balls, and coffee, water, and glue to make my own glue mixture.



painting on the glue mixture to the Styrofoam ball wrapping the tissue paper around the Styrofoam and using brush to press the tissue paper to the Styrofoam ball. All I can say is super sticky! The paper wanted to stick to my finger and pull off the ball and stick to the brush, etc., etc. What a mess!
Once I got the tissue paper complete on the styrofoam I then set the bulb onto a piece of coffee stained coffee filter scrap to dry.



For the leaf  sprout, I use folded faux fern stem glued to a small wire, placed the sprout to the styrofoam ball before I put the tissue paper around the styrofoam.
Once the paper was dry, I glued Spanish moss to the bottom to represent roots.

Thank you for checking out my blog.  

I think these Spring bulbs, turned out so nice... I might make a few more, what do you think?

Please check for some more diy's and hunting for vintage treasure for my home.  

So....... until the next post,

May God Bless You and Your Family during this special time.

I'm Vicki  Colorado Junkett

4 comments:

  1. What a great raft idea!! I really like the way they came out....Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again!! Just wanted to stop by to Thank you for your visit and i am glad that you enjoyed my post on my Moss Rose Collection!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete