Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 8, 2022

Vintage Thrifting - I Stopped by the Local Budget Center Thrift Store


 Hi Friends,

I couldn't resist dropping by my local "Community Budget Center" to see if anything was new and to check on a vintage record player in a cabinet, I'm guessing 1930's.  The store still wanted $150.00 and the cabinet needs some work and not sure the record player works.


I did come home with so awesome treasures! So exciting! Let me show you where I have incorporated these treasures into my home.


Two milk glass vases, I paid $.75 for the tall vase and the small vase $1.50.
I rearranged my collection of milk glass on a shelf on the hutch.


We use small custard cups for many things - jello, pudding, snacks, etc. so I picked up the two Pyrex custard cups for $.75 each.  I also found a small 10oz Pyrex dish without lid for $1.00  These Pyrex treasures are going in a kitchen cabinet to be used daily.


Also in the haul I brought home, a very cute ceramic garlic keeper for $.25, I have it on the hutch with my vintage emerald glass display.

I found a brown ceramic Nebraska souvenir creamer for  $1.50. I put into this vignette above the kitchen cabinets


*****
Found some yard toys $1.00 each, for the grandkids when they come to visit. No sharp points. I'm always on the look out for kids items, through out the year. You just never know what you can find for the grandkids at a reasonable price.


*****
The three pamper chef tart pans $1.25 each, will be a project for the outside.  
The shallow cake pan I got for free because it was rusty the store had an exact pan that was clean the price was $5.00 lol, What a deal! I also place the shallow cake pan on the shelf above the cabinets in the kitchen.


I have a little diy idea for the Pamper Chef tart pans, Please check back later next week to see what I did.


*****
Taking my time through the store today I took the time to dig, and while I was digging in the fabric and sewing notions I found a hand full of notions I'll be putting into my sewing stash.


bias tape for $.30, hook and eye for $.30, black rick -rack for$.25, red applique stars for $.30, a bag of two spools of 1/4 inch ribbon for $1.25, and a bag of alphabet beads for $.50. 

Digging in the craft shelf I found upholstery tack for $1.00 a container which will also go into the sewing stash and a small wooden easel for $.50.


 Opposite the miscellaneous craft shelf, is a shelf of office supplies.  I spied a package of paper fasteners for free. I was so excited to find another legal size clip board!  for just $0.50, I'll be incorporating into my Patriotic décor.
 
*****
   
I found this very cool metal basket for $1.00 to put out in the back yard


Awesome, rustic tree branch candle holder for $3.00, I have a couple other tree branch candle holders, I bought at our local summer market a couple of years ago.
I'll be using all three candle holder in my vintage winter décor.  


*****

Because I live in Colorado and Coors is made in Colorado I picked up this shot and a half.



 You all know I'm a sucker for vintage cookie cutters and this star shape cutter had raffia and a cute button on it , who could refuse? 


Digging through the toy area I found the sweet little silk dress that I believe will fit a vintage bisque doll I got from my great aunt, super excited about this find


On my list of things I look for is silver-plate.  I saw this platter-tray, I thinking I could the tray to group my vintage bottles. 


The Presidents of the United States will defiantly fit into my patriotic décor. I know 4th of July is past but, I may just add to one of my vignettes.

The pair of vintage saucers for $1.00 each, I loved the pattern, not sure where I'll find a place for them.


And the best find today was this amazing picnic basket It wasn't lined but, for $9.00 I am not going to complain. Isn't it beautiful it's real similar to my large picnic basket in weave.


 Today was a fun thrifting haul.  I hope some of the treasure I find inspire you to get out and thrift for wonderful treasure to show off in your home.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to see what I have been doing, so, until my next post......

May God Bless You and Your Family,

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

No comments:

Post a Comment