Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 15, 2022

Vintage Thrifting-Linens and a Mother Load of Table Games

 Hi Friends,

This weekend I found some great treasures.  So many treasure I brought home, that I'm splitting my thrift haul up into two posts.

Today I'm sharing this vintage thrift haul over at Vintage Charm Party #351

This first sale I got this box for $12.00. I found a lot of linens that were so unique.


Vintage hankie


I love the three hand embroidered place mats with birds and 7 miscellaneous cloth napkins


Look at this darling embroider tea towel with a pair of kittens, So Cute!
I'm not sure what the embroider cup is used for, but I purchased it because of the delicate stitching.


The lovely green end table scarfs will look great in my seasonal March décor.


A couple more doilies to use in my country/cottage décor


I just love the detail and the time it took someone to do this craft, it should be cherished.
I'm not sure if I'll frame this beautiful piece, I think I might finish it and then frame it.


This particular dish towel catch my eye. I remember my Grandmother had a set of the multiple stripe dish towel
I hung this dish towel on a grater that on the side of a cabinet.

These pretty blue trimmed table scarfs are so cheery pretty I place them on the night stands in a guess room.












*****
Also in that box I stuffed a few trinkets a little blown glass fawn/deer


Two sets of bowlers I think their used for a cake topper.


Glass strawberry, I thought it might be a pendent but there not a way to attach to a chain
Amethyst is my birthstone so I put it in the box 


super excited about the milk glass jar caps I'll be using with my collection of canning jars.


*****

A couple set of S&P the little lady with the guitar is a salt shaker 
and the cute pair of fish S&P are housed in the cabinet.


Check this out this pair of fish S&P has a Japan sticker


also a vintage 1847 Brigham Young souvenir copper S&P


*****
cute little perfume bottles, the middle bottle has a lady painted on the front and flowers on the back.  Have them setting in a small tray on top of a dresser.


*****
This 3 in 1 wooden handle grater with three extra shredder size plates was a interesting find and a wire spoon


*****
This sweet resin kitchen plaque 


This was given as a wedding gift, I believe the message on the back "Given to Pat and Denmark by Uncle Vere"


I'm going to try and give it a little facelift.  Check back to seen if my facelift worked out.

*****
Love crochet hot pads, I have a small collection in the kitchen

*****
The wooden handle masher, wire spoon and the scoop went up on the kitchen cabinet shelf 



*****
the adorable toothpick container marked occupied Japan will go in the salt &pepper cabinet for now.


*****
I'm thinking this metal telephone is copper plated and was used as a paper weight


*****
9-Pyrex custard cups, I can always use for snacks jello or pudding


*****
Vintage shopping wooden peg board - reminder list.
I believe it was also a wedding gift.


written on a tag on back "Given to Pat & 
Denmark by Great Granddad


*****
I picked up a mother load of games

When I picked up this box the lady told me that the pick-up sticks were hers as a child and she said she is 85 years old, WOW! 


Bowling Dice


A super cool playing card case with score pad made in Hong Kong


More dice


A traveling  Rubik Cube game I believe


 Lastly, a couple of vintage travel guides, of my neck of the woods here in Colorado.

I'll be using these books in my August vignettes, I'm thinking my décor will be camping, fishing, theme. 


I want to thank you for checking in, please check back any time.  I'm trying to post at least every two weeks with a thrift haul and vignettes of where I show off the found treasures in my home.

I also want to Thank  
Cecilia at "My Thrift Store Addiction"

and Kathleen at "Our Hopeful Home"
for hosting the Vintage Charm Party.

Until next time..............

May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett


2 comments:

  1. Great finds! I had to smile when I saw your wire spoon; my late mother used hers to fish out tomatoes from the boiling water when she blanched them to peel them easily. I can almost feel the tomato juice making my hangnails sting! I have tried to find the milk glass toppers and match them with my little MG jars (I am a MG junkie!) I have revived Sirocco book ends with brown Kiwi shoe polish--you might try it on the back of your placque. Sometimes Howard's Restor-a-Finish is good, too. They make a great wax product, too for a low sheen. I also collect the tiny Tobey jugs. Never thot of them as toothpick holders; I think you are soright; they are just the right size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, you are a wealth of information, thank you. After my thrifting I spend to many hour researching for information about some of the treasure I pick at no avail. Ha, the wire spoon I had thought was used with a deep fryer. Thank you so much for commenting.

    ReplyDelete