Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Canning Peaches from Local Market

Hi Friends,  

Today, I'm canning peaches, who knew! It is that time of year to harvest what we can to help subsidize  our food supply.
On our morning walk today, I notice a fruit and vegetable stand had boxes of end of season peaches at a reasonably price of $25.00.  I'll be using these peaches for pies or cobbler maybe breakfast muffins.


Last year, I purchase a larger canning pot that will hold up to 7 canning jars to make process a little quicker, because I love tomato salsa.
 

I do live at 6,200 ft. above sea level, I had to water bath the peaches for 35 minutes, on each batch


I harvest 32 pint jars, I think I paid about $.78 a pint of peaches and I can control the sugar.

Thank you for stopping by, I know this post was a little different than my regular vintage thrift hauls and decorate with me seasonal vintage décor, but this is my life in mid-autumn. 

Let me know if you have a garden or you use farmers market produce, that you do some type of preserving to supplement your food storage.


May God Bless You and Your Family, 

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett


No comments:

Post a Comment