Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Thrifting For Vintage Treasures

 Hi Friends,

Went yard sale thrifting this weekend, I went to six yard sale in my little town, mostly picked up blue jeans for grandchildren, but I did find a few vintage treasure.

The best thrift item I found this weekend, I felt, was two small boxes of insulators 24 and four wooden mounts for $15.00! 

I paid around $0.50 a pieces, I know a great deal right! Better than the $2.00 - $5.00 at the local vintage thrift store.


*****

I was thrilled to find at a yard sale, milk glass pieces, there were bud vase for $.50 similar to what I already have. 
I was surprised to find for $2.00 for the larger "pedestal wedding compote" made by E.O. Brody- Cleveland, OH (I had to look it up).

The other pedestal piece is a Anchor Hocking open lace pedestal candy dish for $1.00, so excited to find these two pieces at a reasonable price.

*****

This cute brown glaze pot with lid I picked it up and realized the pot is Hull, oh my goodness but the lid came from a small cheese crock. LOL


The funny thing is I have a cheese crock with out a lid unfortunately, the lid is to big for the cheese crock I have, I'll keep looking. LOL!


I hadn't realized the chip on the Hull pot :( 


Oh well, c
an't even tell up on the kitchen cabinet shelf I love the pot paired with the creamer I found this summer.

*****
Spotted  a super cute divided glass dish for $1.00. I haven't seen this style of Hazel Atlas depression glass before, I had to look up the pattern - Sunray. I'm using it for the new jewelry $1.00 a pair, (I picked up at this yard sale) on the guest room vanity.


*****
I did pick up 4 hankies two white and two had  embroidery designs, my visions is using them as dollies, for $.25 each.

*****
The sewing notions went into my sewing stash.  The little handled basket is hanging on a shelf peg for now, I'm thinking about staining it a bit darker.
 
*****

That's my haul, I hope I gave you some inspiration of treasure that can be found when thrifting and how I have incorporated the treasure into my home.

 I hope to work on the insulator project this week and let you see what my vision was.

 So until next time.........

May God Bless You and Your Family,

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

No comments:

Post a Comment