Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Rustic/Country Scarecrows DIY Project


 Hi Friends,

Today, I'm crafting!

I'm changing up these cute "DT" scarecrows to fit into my Fall home décor.  I've been working on these cute scarecrows the last couple of days when I get some time to be ready for Autumn.

The Face -

I started by adding little burlap and Spanish moss from my stash to the head...


then, I painted faces using Ceramcoat in the color black, I love how the faces turned out.


The body -
Some of the scarecrows had no body, going to my craft stash I cut up a floral foam block to make bodies.

 Remember a couple of months ago I picked up two boxes of fabric I choose of couple of fall looking prints to use as clothing.

Thrifting for Vintage Treasures

I was using a yellow poster board to work on and didn't realized how awful my picture would turn out with the yellow background.
*****
The Clothing -
Anyhow, I just took a piece of paper and traced a shirt and pant pattern not taking a lot of thought because it's a scarecrow, after all right?

I had decided to use needle and thread to sew up seams on the shirt and pants. Using
 fall print fabric and orange felt pants.



then using recycled fiber stuffing to buff out the body and legs


and a little Spanish moss to stick out at the top and bottom of shirt.


Hands and Feet -

For the straw-poking out of the sleeves and pant legs I use raffia 


wrapped the raffia around my fingers and keeping the bundle tight with my thumb and finger, I snipped the loops at one end.


added another strand of raffia


lastly I added a little Spanish moss keeping my thumb and finger  at the top in order keep bundle together.



Using tacky glue I  drizzled glue inside the sleeve and stuck the raffia bundle in the sleeve using more raffia to tie the sleeve closed.


I did the same process with the pant legs

*****

The Hat -

On a the large scarecrows I made different hats for them using felt square

of course, I had to google scarecrow hats and saw this hat pattern, so with a better idea to make a new hat I used the old hat and found a bowl the size I was looking for.



For the smaller scarecrows I used a coffee cup for the brim and a small rectangle felt piece to make the cone.




What do you think? I love how they turned out


Thank you for stopping by "My Little Colorado Cottage"
I'm excited about decorating for Fall.

So.. until next time.....

May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

No comments:

Post a Comment