Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Vintage Children Book Thrift Haul

Hi Friends, 

 I'm so glad your here! 

Today, I'm so excited to share a great thrifted vintage book haul, from a wonderful online Seller .


I paid a total of $53.00 for 17 books plus $13.00 shipping


Averaged out, I paid $3.80 for each of these amazing thrifted vintage books.

*****
First book I purchased was this awesome - My Book House Volume 6 "Through Fairies Halls"

all the graphic are in black & white and very detailed.
copyright 1971
*****
Next,
Hardback copy of "Make way for Duckling" was new, I sent it to my youngest Grandson that turned two in March. ( I have a paperback copy to stay at Grandma's house).


and "The Human Body" , book was in good shape, post mark 1983 had a price tag of $18.95.
It had pull tabs and organs were layered 3-D pretty cool book.

A picture in the "Make Way for the Ducklings"
*****
This wonderful Antique Book has black & white pictures and color pictures.
"Happy Sundays with Your BIBLE" very cool copyright 1908

Arranged with 52 weeks of Bible Studies.
*****

Then, in the sale I purchased these 'Classic Children Stories'
- Tell a Tale Books "Little Beaver" copyright 1954
***
-Walt Disney's Publishing Company "The Sword in the Stone" copyright 1963 Whitman
***
-A Rand Mc'Nalley Elf Book "The Adventures of Robin Hood and his Merry men" copyright 1955

*****

This very cool book intrigued me , "A Young Boy's Treasury of Things-to-do"
has a copyright 1946
It has ideas for 
- 'Play Alone'
- 'Playmate Games'
- 'Party Games'


as a kid we did a few of these ideas and we have forgot to pass along to our children and grandchildren , because of technology stepped in
*****
This collection of books I thought were great!

Big Little Books "Woody Woodpecker and the Meteor Menace" priced on front $.39, copyright 1967
(Here is a page from "Woody Woodpecker")
***

Kingfish Books "A Treasury of Animal Stories" copyright 1992 priced $5.95

-The Elephant's Child
-How the Polar Bear Became
-Titty Mouse and Tatty Mouse
***
"Birds A guide to most familiar American Birds"
- A Golden Nature Guide copyright 1949 Hardback
***
And a tiny book written in German,
Published by Concordia Publishing House - St Louis, MO
*****
I really like this group of vintage books that were used for education

"Stories for Everyday" - A second reader 
copyright 1933 
Stamped-Public School District 62 Des Plaines
September 15,1942
***
"First Aid Textbook for Juniors"
Second Edition 1953
***
And 
"The Pond Book"


***
Lastly,
"The Big Big Story Book" copyright 1938-1941
Grimm's Fairy Tales
Peter Pan
Also
-Black Beauty
-Han's Brinker
-Heidi
***

 Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what treasures I have found out thrifting this week. 
***


This was a super amazing vintage book auction haul that I'm so glad to share with you today!


I just want to acknowledge the Seller again, this auction was so much fun. Let me know if you shop online?

I would love to hear what you have found thrifting and how you style it in your home. 

 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your books! I remember the bird bird from my younger days! Make Way for Ducklings was one of my faves as a child. The author at least summered in Maine--look for "Blueberries for Sal." I remember riding on the swan boats in Boston as a child with my brother, mother, and grandmother and feeding the ducks! I loved the story! Have not done any thrifting lately. Seasonal affective disorder kicked my butt this year on top of Covid fatigue! Have daffodils in bloom here--finally! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I just love kids books from my past. I remember 'Blueberries for Sal'. I probably should cut back on my thrifting, I really don't need anything, LOL but I love the treasure hunt. Sorry to here about you being sick, I am so grateful with my health the past couple years, ( working in the schools and all). We've had some awesome temperatures snow is finally melting and the bulbs are peeking out of the ground no blooms yet. Happy Spring to you also.

      Delete