Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Thrifting for Vintage Home Décor Treasures - Yard Sale Friday



Hi Friends, 


 I'm so glad your here! 

Today, I'm sharing a rather small yard sale haul not many yard sale this weekend and unfortunely, not much vintage to be found, 

However.........
I have been on the hunt for used planters and at the....

First yard sale,

I found 3 tall planter for a $1.00 each, two square tan planters for $.25 each


I've had quite a few flower start waiting to be planted.

***
I also picked up a vintage spice rack for a $1.00 at this yard sale, 

FYI...I have been collecting spice bottles for quite some time,
to hold sewing notions in my sewing nook, and was looking for a cabinet. SCORE!!
***
Another sale,

I found two vintage books for $.25 each and a planter for $2.00, I'm always gifting plant starts, so it's nice to have extra small planters.

The 1st unique book,
 is a book by Art Linkletter - Kids Say the Darndest Things!

I believe I was in middle school, when this TV show  aired on Saturday nights in 1967, I think.
***
The second vintage book, 
I'm sure you all have seen the Movie 'True Grit' ? that came out in 1969 with John Wayne and Glen Campbell,
anyway I found this book by Charles Portis called 'True Grit', copyright 1968. SUPER COOL!
I've added the amazing novel in a old west vignette, I have on the shelf in a spare room.
***
The last sale I stopped by had quite a few boxes of pint jelly jars for $2.00 a box. I just couldn't leave those jars behind at that price.

and I do have a garden that, some years produces quite a few tomatoes that I will be harvesting.
***

 I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what treasures I have found out thrifting this week. 

 I would love to hear what you have found thrifting and how you style it in your home. 

 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your finds. Several years ago, I planted my annuals in big pots and then moved them around as the perennials began to cover them up; it worked well for me. Those jelly jars are precious. They are so good for things besides jam/jellies. Homemade sugar scrubs and candles leap to my mind (I love making little gifties like that!). I often leave humor books in the bathroom as they make great short term reading! I loved Arthur Linkletter as a kid, too! I have a spice rack similar to yours--I used it for storing bottles of acrylic paint, back when I only had a few colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, So glad you stopped by to read my post, I'm a little behind on posting my thrifted treasure finds. This week was surgery for my husband. He has been waiting 6 month to have his hip replaced, and oh my goodness what a miracle, he's walking without serious pain. God is good and surgery procedures has come along way.
      I never thought to use the spice rack for paint, good idea.
      Have a great and safe weekend.

      Delete