Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 1, 2023

Friday Yard Sale - Hunting for Vintage Treasures - SCORED! - Every Items Was a Dollar Each!



Hi Friends, 
 I'm so glad your here! 

First,
I want to show you these cute shakers I paid $1.00 each, as you know I like collecting vintage shakers.

Searching Google, I was not able to find to much information about these adorable shakers.
I think they were made in the 1960's, a few of the sets are marked 'Japan'.
***
Next,
Two interesting Books...

 a "King James Holy Bible" which is always nice to have a back-up.

and "Western Yesterdays Series" - 
this particular book has stories of the old west, I think it will be a good read.
***
This adorable 1950's "Thames" piece, hand  painted Bible verse (John 15:13) with the cute Cherub figurine, was also in the shakers box $1.00. I will be giving this cute piece to a friend.

 
*** 
Lastly,
A few vintage games-

1976 'Scrabble' board game
1949 Parker Brothers 'Clue' board game
1974 Deluxe Whitman Bingo game box
1968 Milton Bradley - 'Password'
These games will be added to my game cabinet.

 Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what treasures I have found out thrifting this week. 

 I would love to hear what you have found thrifting and how you style it in your home. 

 So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family, 
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

5 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your finds as usual. Although I pick up S&P to resell, I collect very few as I already have too many collections. I had one friend who had over 500 sets! How she could remember which ones she already has is a mystery to me! We hit a yard sale and I got 40 MacDonald's Happy Meal baggies for .25 each. I LOVE the Madame Alexander dolls; will resell most of them and keep a couple that I am not sure if I already have. Also a few for my Halloween dollhouse as Princess Fiona just looks like a great "costume" to me. Most will go for my Samaritan's purse Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. Got friction cars and little Ty beanie teddies, etc! Hit a GW on a daytrip yesterday and found a few treasures; don't know if I was tired; I didn't have as much fun as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I really like collecting shakers,. Back in the eighties I was into the reselling thing, but now I just like the hunt. lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to collect S&P shakers many years ago. That collection led to something else to collect and so on. These days I don't collect anything, it's too much to keep up with and all I end up collecting is dust :) Do you resale any of the treasures you find? Hubby and I used to sell our finds from auctions, estate sales, yard sales etc. at eBay and Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee, No I do not resell. I did way back when, now I just collect.

    ReplyDelete