Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Friday Thrifting - Looking for Vintage Christmas Tins

 Hi Friends,

Thank you for stopping by 'My Little Colorado Cottage' today!

I did stop by my local thrift store Friday...

looking for tins to add a little color on the kitchen shelf.  

A blogger I follow, her name is Emily @ My Weathered Home had a wonderful display of tins she had thrifted in a cabinet and some great tips on displaying tins.

I was in luck! I found a few tins!


The green tin I added to the shelf above the kitchen cabinet to give sparkle


*****


The cute little round tin is in a Christmas display with a few thermos and did you notice, I finally found a way to display the vintage suitcases I thrifted this summer.




The Baileys tin I snuggled in among a few crocks


*****
This wonderful square red stripe tin looks great with the red, green, and white stripe candle. Don't you think?


This super cute Santa cylinder that twists  I don't think I have ever seen one.


Also I found these two adorable tins

the cute Mickey and Minnie handled tin will be gifted to my oldest daughter she collects Mickey Mouse items.


This cute hand painted paper Mache round box will find a home some where, not sure yet.


 I decided to place this cute round box with the misfit toys


*****

I did find a few more items Christmas items.........

I thought these gold-cone candle holders would look nice with a thrifted greenery ring, or maybe with a few of my sparkly pinecones on a pewter tray with thrifted pip-berries for $.50 each.










*****

  • Of course I'm not going to pass up a box of 14 Christmas cards for a $1.40

*****

  • I'm always on the look-out for handmade hot pads this maroon/cream color hot pad for $1.50. I'll pack it away for my February décor. 

*****

  • The red mug $1.50 and a bag of Holly candles $1.50

I made a grouping on the vanity in the guestroom.....
I may find a better place for the mug, but it looks nice in this grouping, so it may stay.

**** 

In the Crafting/Sewing section, I found a bag with a nearly finished embroidery project with a Red Pin Cushion, for $2.00, did I mention, I have started a new collection?


*****
Lastly, I found this super cute Christmas tree made from a large spring....


Oh my goodness, I've always wanted a few of these springs to use in my décor, I paid $1.75


*****
What a great day to go thrifting, I really found some great things. 

Thank you so much for checking out the blog, please check back next week, I'm trying to decorate more areas of my home with my thrifted find and having a great time.

So......... until my next post,
May God Bless You and Your Family!

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. You always find such great treasures! I often use some of my larger tins to "wrap" Christmas presents for us as they look so nice under the tree--and "green, " too. I learned the hard way that a determined cat can pry the lid off a cookie tin to get to his catnip--and shredded all the nearly presents' paper while doing it! The Christmas tree springs fascinated me. I bought one once, hung it in a rosebush, and draped scrap threads on it for the birds to use for nesting; never saw anyone retrieve any! Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments, I love hearing from your. Pets can be so fun.

      Delete