Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 9, 2022

Friday Vintage Thrifting -Grab Bags

 Hi Friends,

Stopped in my local 'Community Budget' to see if I could find vintage Christmas...Score!!!

I found a few 'Grab Bags O Ornaments!

*****

The 1st bag I found had a few mercury glass ornaments.....

I saw over at TarnishedTreasures  on You-Tube, she pick these up a couple of days ago! 

I just got two in a grab bag, so cool! I paid $.75 for the bag!


added the clip-on peacock ornament and a cute log cabin bulb



****

I paid $1.50 for this grab bag of wooden ornaments, their a bit larger than the wooden ornament I ordered back in the 80's through a catalog.

I'll be adding these cute wooden ornaments to my white tree where I display my collection of wooden toys ornaments....... hopefully this weekend?

*****

I have a couple of these Vintage Santa's, so for $.75 I grabbed this bag for the Santa's picks and tiny mercury glass ornaments.


I added the shiny red bulbs to my green bottles


and my milk glass shelf


I'll be added the two Santa pick to my collection, which 
Sorry, I have not gotten out my vintage Santa box yet to display my Santa Collect.....
check back later...
*****

I also found another grab bag of wooden magnets for $1.50, I purchased, because of the 3 vintage celluloid plastic magnets - that looked vintage, Santa, Snowman, and Mouse in stocking, I looked them up and was surprised they were made by J.S.N.Y Hong Kong!

Super Cool!


I'm displaying the magnet on a vintage hot pad I thrifted this summer.

*****

A very interesting grab bag for $1.50 with colorful glass ornaments, I looked them up and their Columbia mercury glass ornaments, not sure if their vintage I could not find any on google, but oh so pretty...

Does any one know? Please leave a comment below. Greatly appreciated!


I have them hanging on a red crackle shelf in the family room, so cool to find this ornaments


*****

I grabbed this $1.50 bag because of the little mushrooms.....

I have seen a few pictures on 'Pinterest and Instagram' lately....

The red and white mushrooms seem to me to be a HOT décor item this year - not sure if their vintage or not ?? or why social media is using these items in their Christmas décor??

*****

I'm looking for mercury glass ornaments, see the two little glass bulbs in this grab bag?.......so that's mainly, why I bought this grab bag!



 I'm not sure how I'll display the cute little mushroom yet in my Christmas décor???

If you have any suggestions let me know in the comments below...

*****

Lastly,

 I picked-up these two small wreaths - the sparse wreath with pine cones was $.75

the wreath with a few more trinkets little drum, rolled sheet music, and little horns for $2.00

(I pick-up these type of wreaths at a reasonable prices to use all of the embellishment on other projects)

I prefer a more simple wreath

*****

As I was checking out, on a table behind me, I spotted the three cute candles.... 


Oh My Goodness! I know two of them were Gurley candles, not sure about the little boy with white gown and a red belt, I thrifted these for $1.00 each! Could not believe it!

not sure where I will be displaying these cuties quit yet....
Please stop back by.....

*****
It was a great day thrifting, I was so surprised to find all of these wonderful treasures. 

Did I mention, I love grab bags? Especially if you can see what's in the bag

I hope I gave you some inspiration of what you can find at a local thrift shop, also how I displayed my thrifted items in my seasonal décor.

Until my next post...

May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett



2 comments:

  1. What a great bunch of treasures! I don't collect necessarily Christmas tins--I love vintage looking food ones, too--I use them instead of wrapping gifts in paper or gift bags! Lets me display them usefully! Easy and fast! Loved seeing your MG shelf as I love milk glass, too. I "cannabalize" anything that resembles Christmas to add to arrangements--to add to a wreath, a planter, etc. Sometimes just adding a bit more fullness/color/interest/texture is what makes the project a success in my opinion. And being retired now, I concentrate on bargains to stretch my crafting budget! Really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about finding bargains', sometime I buy florals at the thrift store just to tear it apart which helps build my craft stash. Thank you so much for following my blog, I'm a little behind on posting and returning comments.

      Delete