Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 1, 2022

Upcycle a Thrifted Vintage Resin Kitchen Plaque

 Hi Friend,

You may remember, last month I went to a awesome yard sale, there was so many vintage items I ended up going back a second day. 

Today, is the day show you how I upcycled this old resin kitchen plaque into a country farmhouse/cottage farmhouse décor piece.


I clean this plaque with a couple sprays of crud cutter and got many years of crud off of this plaque

Then I painted two coats of linen chalk paint, let each coat dry.

I've seen other crafters top the the chalk paint with antique wax to seal it. 

So, I applied the antique wax with a paint brush and wiped off the high areas, the more I wiped the high areas, the more the white chalk paint showed through. I think it turned out great.



What do you think? Please leave a comment. 

This was a fairly quick upscale project, just allow time to let the paint dry. I have this super cute Kitchen Prayer plaque hanging in the kitchen on an end cabinet.

Check back next week for another update of what is going on at my house.

 Until next time.......,

May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

No comments:

Post a Comment