Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Thrifting at Local Vintage Thrift Store

 Hi Friends,

One of my favorite store was open on Sunday, so I went to see what I could find for under $10.00.
Last time I stopped by the prices has seemed to double.
I did find a few things.



The flower pot this summer have been a couple of dollars witch is a good price I think for vintage flower pots. I paid $3.00 each this trip.

The little ruler was marked a $ 1.00. I added it to the apple box on the corner shelf in the office nook.



 I placed a green apple on top of the rusty bucket to accent the green hue on the bucket, paid $1.00.


I've been kind of collecting small copper lids, lol,  trying to find one that fits the copper tea pot on the kitchen shelf, I thrifted sometime back. I paid $2.00 and now have 4 copper lids.


I used to collect clear press glass dishes about twenty years ago and have a small  collection that I used at Thanksgiving time like covered butter dish, divided relish plate etc. that is  boxed up.

But, this little dish is to cute! for $3.00



I want to thank you for checking, I hope you found some inspiration from the the things I find and how I incorporate the treasure into my home collections.

Until my next post........

May God Bless You and Your Family,

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett

2 comments:

  1. I had to smile when I saw your copper lid collection. I, too, have learned that lesson the hard way. NOW, I trace the bottom of the hurrican shade I need to replace, crease a paper around the hole of the lidless teapot, then sketch it in, etc. That way I can easily check the size. Measuring is nice--if I have a ruler or tape measure with me! Lists of print sizes that need frames, etc. I have always loved copper--still using my Revere Ware from '73. This week (after the 32 yo fridge died), my 2 kids and son-in-law came to help move stuff so we could get the new one in . Pat put up a bunch more of my thrifted copper molds near the fridge; I smile every time I look at it. His height simplified the job so much! Enjoyed seeing your new treasures and how you styled them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great tip to get the right measurement for my copper lid hunt. I also have a couple of oil lamps I need to find chimney's for and I think your technique will work. Lol, My late grandmother had a set of Revere Ware she would say nothing could compare to Revere Ware. Wow!, a 32 yr old fridge, The appliance companies don't make refrigerators like that any more, with in a year of buying a Kenmore we had to have a serviceman come to replace a broken fan. I'm glad to hear you have family around to help you out.

    ReplyDelete