Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Fall Cottage Garden Clean-up

 Hi Friends,

For the past couple of days I've been working in the garden, I felt the need to clean up the debris in the garden the temperature are high 50's low wind.


Mother Nature gave us a warning a week and half ago with our first snow a week and a half ago, the high had been upper 30's 

# First on my agenda is to plant the mums- 

I bought mid-October, thinking I would plant them in pots on the front porch, but the night temperature drop so fast I didn't get the chance. I stuck the mums under deck and covered them and a few other perennials still in bloom with frost cloth, until I found time, as I've mention "Today is the Day".





# Second-planted Iris bulbs-

Last month I dug up Iris bulbs I had planted up against the house put the bulbs in boxes, until I had time to replant them.

"Today is the day!" to get them transplanted some where in the back yard where they could get more sun light.





# Third-Clean up the frost cloth-

debris in the garden area, folding up the frost cloth

 


# Fourth-clean up vegetable debris-

I had cucumbers planted by the deck here, didn't really grow well


I had tomatoes and corn planted in this bed it has been cleaned up and ready for winter



cleaned up the pumpkin vines and folded up the frost cloth


Working on the last vegetable beds, pulling up all the left over,  over grown plants.




# Fifth-empty potted plant and stack pots-

all the potted flowers pots are stacked for winter


#sixth cover the new planted bulbs with straw-

covering the perennial flower beds with straw


put straw on the hen and chicks


I have a couple of pots of spearmint that I'm trying to over winter with out it spreading. I put a layer of straw and covered pot with burlap grain sacks will see in the spring if it worked! 




Thank you for stopping by, I 'm just putting my garden to bed for the winter and hoping all the new plants will survive our harsh winter.
So......
until the next post.


I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett.

May God Bless You, and Your Family this Holiday Season!










No comments:

Post a Comment