Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Vintage Christmas Village- a Walk Through Memory Lane

Hi Friends,

Walking down memory lane of my Christmas Village collection display of years gone by.

Thank you so much for stopping by 'My Little Colorado Cottage'  this week.

I started collecting Ceramic Christmas Houses from Wal-Mart back in 2009.

They came white and wrapped in cellophane ready to paint.

I started with a Hot Rod Parts shop, High School, Pet Shop, and a Tire/Gas Station for a Christmas village

****

2013

This year I added a ceramic church to the Christmas village on a shelf above the entry closet

 
*****

2016

This year I was into sparkly tinsel garland on top of the hutch and arranged the houses into a small cozy town with a train traveling through.

*****

2020
I decided to split up the house and added more trees.

Here on the Mantel, I was going for a woodsy Christmas with trees and buffalo checked, red berries or deep in the woods Christmas feel


On another shelf I added a few hand carved trucks

*****


2021

I moved my Christmas village to a longer shelf and added cotton fabric to look like a snowy Christmas Village.

added a new piece - Grocery Store
*****

2022

This year my thought is bringing in diy vintage looking Putz Christmas houses using paper or light weight cardboard (like cereal boxes)


I've found a few free blueprints to add some Putz houses

LINK>>>> The Pink Tree You-Tube

LINK>>>>> Stephanie at Deliberately Creative You-Tube

link>>>> Robin Johnson You-Tube

Please check back next week, I'll be working on getting my Christmas décor out and trying one of the patterns.

Thanks again for checking out my blog, would love to hear what you new craft are you trying this Holiday season.

So until my next post.....

May God Bless You and Your Family this Holiday Season!

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett





























2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing your village. My house is too cluttered right now for my village--of bigger houses-you were wise to collect little ones. My daughter's shelf is full now and I tend to buy her little accessories; often thrifted MIB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, to much stuff... I'm alway working on shuffling my stuff around to make room, LOL! Thank so much for your comment

    ReplyDelete