Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sunday Vintage Thrifting- Looking for Holiday Decor

 Hi Friends,

Stopped by the my local vintage/thrift store to look for any Holiday décor. I was very excited to find a few Holiday pieces at a reasonable price. Let's get to the haul!

*****
First - I have been slowly picking up cutting boards with intention of replacing the paper plate, I'm currently using for snacks or appetizers. I picked up this board for $2.00 cutting board 

*****
Second - I saw this super cute cloth apple for $1.00 to put on the shelf in my computer nook, I think I might need to add another shelf lol.

*****

Then this super cute sturdy green box with a horse on the lid, for $1.50 to keep trinkets or the costume jewelry... that I have been picking up! lately :)

*****
I found a different style flashlight, as you can see I've started a new collection of vintage flashlights, this 1965 Ray-O-Vac Sportsman flashlight was $1.00, looks great with other three flashlights

*****
Like I said I was looking for Holiday décor

For $2.00 I brought home a super cute wooden carved turkey sitting on a cast iron candle holder I believe, the turkey looks like it is carved from a knot in the wood very clever. 

*****

When I saw this creamer with scallop edges, I thought I had another creamer that was in this style, how ever you can see it wasn't quite the same pattern I paid $1.00 for this creamer.

*****

Look at this little toothpick holder $.50 the pink flower was chipped. I wonder if maybe this cute footed piece is a bud vase or hat pin holder instead?

*****
Got off track again... I'm still looking for Holiday décor


Then I spotted this ceramic pheasant of course on the top of a very tall shelf that no way I could reach, I asked the price of the pheasant and the clerk had to get a ladder $15.00 was the price! 
*****
(I really try to keep my spending $5.00 or under)
*****
but, out of curtesy for the clerk having to climb a ladder, I paid the $15.00 for the ceramic pheasant.

 Super cool looking for my November décor!

*****
Of course I was going to pick-up the pheasant feather when I spied them for $3.00 for a bundle of 3 picks.

 I'll be adding the feathers to a few of the dried flower arrangements, 


*****

I thought the cute red metal lunch box for $5.00, will look great in my Christmas décor, which I'll be bringing Christmas out after Thanksgiving weekend

*****

Also, I hope you notice the yellow/orange table runner $8.00, (I know I went over my $5.00 limit). But it looks great on my vintage record player

*****

My favorite find on this trip was
Vintage Beistle Honeycomb Halloween decorations the pumpkin $1.00

 The cute scare crow for $.50, it did have some damage, but WOW!


Wow! What a great haul today! I'm so glad you stopped by.
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I incorporated my new founds treasures into my home

I hope you enjoy seeing what I found today at my local vintage/thrift store and where I place some of the treasures in my home for the Holidays.

Until my next post......May God Bless You and Your Family!
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett
I



2 comments:

  1. What great finds. When I get a treasure with a chip like your little vase/toothpick holder, I often touch it up with a bit of acrylic paint, then clear nail polish to "glaze" it. A lot of my treasures are not perfect. I especially liked your Halloween honeycombs as it is impossible for me to find them reasonably. I hit one of my local GW Fri. night and was aghast at their new high prices. And yard sale season is defiinitely gone for 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, Thank you for the tip to touch up chipped pieces. In my town, the local thrift stores have raised their prices about $3 to $5 on somethings. So I was really excited when I found the Halloween décor. I guess that why I like to thrift, lol
    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete