Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving - November Vignettes in the Den

Hi Friends,

I am so thankful you stopped by "My Little Colorado Cottage" and take a moment out of your day to see what I have been up to.

*****

Today, I'm just showing you a few vignettes I've been working on in the den for the end of November, using some of my New and old vintage seasonal finds.

*****

I've had this great pumpkin jar for a few years.  This season I decided to fill the glass pumpkin with small faux pumpkins 

and place the pumpkin jar on a vintage pewter platter I thrifted, then garnished the platter with small pine cones and pip berry stems from a wreath I also thrifted.

I liked how the colors of berries and pumpkins work with the table scarf and brass candle sticks.


*****

over on my tobacco box collection shelves I intermingled a few seasonal thrifted treasures 


vintage Eureka-Die-Cut turkey, I believe from the 70's?


*****

If you have read early posts I have brought in dried florals this year, from my yard-(yarrow, zinnias, marigolds, sunflowers, and poppy pods).

Also, used dried beans, peas, and popcorn kernels to anchor floral stems and add color in this dark corner of the den.


*****

A new find is this clear vintage bottle in the shape of a violin and I paired it with a art deco green ceramic harvest creamer


*****
I brought last years thrifted turkey head, I believe belongs to a Wild Turkey decanter- (that I'm on the hunt for)

I also pulled out a cute DIY Buffalo check pumpkin I made a couple of years ago. I still love Buffalo check décor.


*****

Another little area of the den, is on top a corner book case unit with seasonal décor.

I have incorporated more dried florals and feathers into this little vintage.



*****
a vintage seed box adorns the corner shelf unit, I brought in a 'Hull' leaf shape planter, along with a vintage oil can, dried gourds, and a few small terra-cotta pots with pip berries.


*****
Over in another area of my den I have a vintage trunk that I add seasonal décor

This season, I have moved two of my vintage picnic basket to the top of the trunk and added a vintage Eureka-Turkey Die-Cut


the home-made cloth hen always resided here,
 I sat her in the the Star Tobacco box, 
added small faux pumpkins and gourds to the nesting area.


*****
Another area I like to decorate with seasonal items is in this corner
I incorporated another 1970's seasonal Die-Cut along with a vintage oil lamp I have had in my collections for many, many years.


Here on this shelf I included the Art Deco 60's yellow and gold vase with all of the dried floral I used this year in my Autumn décor.


*****


Over on the red crackle shelves in the Den I incorporated a few seasonal details, I included a dried bean turkey DIY, that my Granddaughter made in school.



*****


On the ledge below the red shelves
I found another vintage Thanksgiving Die-Cut from the 70's I believe, of children dressed as Pilgrims and a smiley turkey,


a pottery piece my daughter made many years ago in Middle-School and couple of new Pepsi bottles I thrifted this summer


Pepsi crate with a few collected nick-knacks



I'm a little late to the game, (life happens). I do hope I gave you a few ideas how I add my vintage treasures into my home for the seasons.

Thank you so much for stopping by 'My Little Colorado Cottage', I sure hope you have a fantastic weekend.
May God Bless You and Your Family.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,
Vicki












No comments:

Post a Comment