Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday Thrift - Looking for Vintage Thanksgiving Décor


 Hi Friends,

My plan is to get started pulling out some of my November décor this weekend. 

I stopped in at local thrift to look for Thanksgiving treasure. 

I found a few Fall-ish treasures .

Four vintage "Mallard Ducks low ball wide bottom whiskey cocktail glasses $1.50 each


aren't they cool looking, to use in the Fall months?

*****

I also found a Avon 1981 Chesapeake Flying Canadian mug/stein for $3.00 would have liked to find a few more, but for now I think Ill add this mug to my Mantel display




*****

I do not normally pick up white and blues pieces, however, this mug has rooster and hens print on it it doesn't look blue in the picture more black print, I paid $1.00.  

Has rooster/hen print on both sides, I'll be using this mug for coffee in summer.

Stamped on the bottom - Classic Ceramic California pantry 2002 made in China

*****
The small pine cone wreath I paid $1.00 I'll save it for Christmas décor next month, maybe add a little red pip berries, what do you think


*****
I've seen others on social media picking up brass birds and since I've decorated for Fall with fowl, I thought I take a chance at $4.50 and brought home this solid brass quail paper weight.


on the bottom there is a sticker made in Korea.
What do you think did I pay to much?
*****

I just picked up one, there were a total of four, I just don't collect to many plates, I really don't have room, LOL, I collect to many other treasures.  


isn't it a awesome salad plate with a pair of quails for $.50
on the back it was stamped 

Furnivals 1913
 Quail
Made in England
R&N 8 477

Should I go back and get the other three? I could use them as desert plate at Christmas? Maybe.

*****


Lastly, found a great necklace $2.50 it's real heavy (maybe cast) with light blue stone or beads on the edge of the leaf.

 The circular brooch for a $1.00, I'm thinking I could attach a stone or picture on it.  

My only granddaughter loves dressing up and clip on earrings are easy for her to use so I picked up this pair for $1.00


*****
Thank you for stopping by "My Little Colorado Cottage" to see what I have been doing this weekend.

I do hope I have given you some inspirational ideas of what I look for or how I incorporate thrifted found treasure into my home.

I would love to hear from you and let me know what you collect and how you display your collection.

So.... Until my next post.......
May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett


2 comments:

  1. I would definitely go back and get the other plates; they've prob been together since 1913 and shouldn't be split up now! They will come in handy for desserts or rolls! The 4.50 for the quail might be a bit high for secondhand, but still low fort an antique place's price and is GREAT decor! The duck mugs will look great with an amber drink, cider, or tea in them! I would hit the little wreath's cinnamon sticks with a nail file, sandpaper, or emery board to bring out the cinnamon smell. Red pips or jingle bells would add a bit of color! I love blue and white dishes; I liked your cup and it will go with all your hens and roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the advice on the plates, I'll be heading back on Thursday or Friday.

    ReplyDelete