Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 5, 2022

New Vintage Thrifted Treasures on the Mantel for November

 Hi Friends,

Thank you for stopping by, "My little Colorado Cottage".

November is "Thankful Harvest" month, now that the days are getting shorter and temperature in my area during the day is a crisp 40* at the peek of day, my Autumn/Fall décor changes a little.

Today I'm changing up the mantel, changing out the scare crows and cigar boxes for pumpkins for November.


Center of the mantel I left the awesome fly geese pewter platter on the window frame.  I took away the cigar boxes and replaced them with a hand cared pedestal wooden bowl and filled it with small faux pumpkins
*****

For the month of November harvest, I wanted to add a few wheat bundles to the mantel, I grabbed two green bottles from my collection on the hutch to display the wheat stalks on the mantel.

*****

I did leave the new brass quail and new cheese crock I found this year,
 brought back a couple of pottery crocks, added terra cotta pots and upcycled "Dollar Tree" faux pumpkins.

*****

I moved the thrifted handled bucket with lid to the mantel and topped it with a thrifted willow pumpkin

*****

I love my diy felt crows so I left her in the vine wreath grouping.

*****
I love this new Avon mug so I added a sheet of yellow construction paper to the inside to help show up the geese flying on the mug.

*****
I kept the brown crock vase and broth out a few of my dried Indian corn to display in the pottery


*****
I also kept the sunflower print I love it

*****
Took away some of the florals and replaced faux pumpkins 

*****
I loved the way the platter look I'll keep it up through Thanksgiving weekend



I really love how it all turned out and I was able to incorporated some of my vintage treasures.
***
I would love to hear from you about how you have displayed your vintage collection
***
I do hope I have given you some inspirational ideas on how you might incorporate your vintage collections through-out your home.

May God Bless You and Your Family,
 I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett






2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, my mother had coasters with those same flying geese as your tray. I love how you put the yellow paper in the glass mug to highlight the birds. I haven't thrifted much for fall stuff, but I found some great treasures at my church's Christmas bazaar on Sat. A tan tablecloth and napkins for $1 and an elephant planter for my booth, jewelry, cloth, doilies, a Maine souvenier plate for $1 (where I live), 2 grab bags with Barbie and Chelsea clothes (for grands) and dollhouse treasures, etc. One of my favorite "fall" things is a non-fall platter with forget-me-nots with a Dollar Tree galvanized tin "thankful" that I hot glued to the middle; the word will come off easily if I change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorating with little treasures is one way to say, this is my home!

    ReplyDelete