Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Winter Décor - A Few DIY Trees

 


Hi Friends,


Today,  I'm so excited to share a very simple DIY. I'm making a few cute little trees to add to my Winter décor from thrifted garland.

Last July I thrifted a few boxes of Christmas Treasures for $2.00 each, one of the boxes was filled with green garland. 


My idea was to cut up the garland in varies lengths from 3' -5'.



I had a package of bamboo skewers in my stash
So using Aleene's Tacky G
glue, I applied the glue onto the skewer and attached the garland strip. At my first attempt



I didn't realize the skewer should have been painted, as you can see the skewer didn't get completely covered. 


I did use kids play-dough I had in the house to use as a base, but I think I'll change it out with some other style possibly a wooden spools.


I did end up putting a little white acrylic paint on some of the trees and placed them in vignettes in the Family-room/Den

***

***


***
*****


Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what I have been up to, remember I always enjoy hearing from you so please leave a comment.

So until my next post .....

May God Bless You and Your Family,
I'm Vicki a Colorado Junket




No comments:

Post a Comment