Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2023

Winter Snowmen Décor - Hutch Vignettes

 


Hi Friends,

 I've got my Christmas décor put away. I do leave out the greenery, pine-garland and the natural pinecones for the next couple of month for Winter Season.

***

 For this winter year season décor,  I'm using thrifted vintage snowmen, natural pinecones, snowflakes, and of course handmade frosted pinecones and a touch of icy-blue throughout my Cottage Home.

***

Starting with the vignettes in the hutch. I just took out most of the Christmas sparkle and added in more greenery sprig from a thrifted faux-pine garland I took apart.  I brought out my handmade white pinecones, (I just used a little white paint on pine cones I had collected overtime.


The felt Snowman head and vest was a thrifted find to- use on a Christmas Champagne bottle I think.


This super cut DIY pipe cleaner elf figurine I Thrifted a while back Love it!
I took a box of Snowflake from DT and blue wash them to have a blue tint

*****
In the green bottle cubbies, I have added "The thrifted the Ozarks Plate"
added a few pinecones and sprig of winter greenery, and this super cute Thrifted 
Vintage Japanese Elf or Santa ?

*****

A super cute Milk-Glass vignette in the Hutch
I moved a few of the 'Cobalt Blue Vicks' jars into this vignette. I water-downed a little blue paint to give the white snow flakes a hint of blue. This is my favorite  Winter vignette so far.




*****
Not quite done with vignette in the entry room, it needs something, but I'm not sure what needs to be added

 
*****

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to stop by to see what I have been up to and I always enjoy hearing from you. 

So until my next post...... 

May God Bless You and Your Family. 

I'm Vicki a Colorado Junkett



2 comments:

  1. My favorite was definitely the milk glass and blue cobalt--a combo that I love here, too. I really like the blue tint on the snowflakes; makes them show up a lot better with all the white. I had to smile; one time I added pale green paint to a baggie of fake snow in an effort to make shredded lettuce for the dollhouse salads! Took a LOT of stirring! I finished 2 Christmas arrangements this a.m. to bring to the old parsonage for storage for our 2023 Christmas church bazaar. Gotta buy the greens and flowers when they are 70-75% off; stretch that budget! Clutter outa my house into someone else's! Gotta do it when the spirit moves me; more fun than the never ending housework!!! Al is bringing home a pizza for lunch after errands; had to clear craft clutter off the kitchen table!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, thank you so much for your great comment. You are a busy person, I really don't like housework either but if i rearrange or add to my collection, dusting gets done lol I definitely need to be in the mood too. love your story with the shredded lettuce, most of my projects are trail and error lol! Here a great week.

      Delete